Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I got this recipe from a lady in our church. She made this for me after I had my little girl. This was back in 1990 and after all these years this is still one of my favorites.
- 1 butter recipe cake mix or 1 yellow cake mix
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup oil
- 4 eggs (beaten)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup pecans (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Mix cake, white sugar and Oil. Beat in beaten eggs and sour cream.
- Pour 1/2 cake mixture into well greased Bundt Pan.
- Mix brown sugar and cinnamon and put on top of cake batter. Add pecans.
- Pour the remaining cake batter over the pecan layer.
- Bake at 350 for 1 hour. Cool cake and then glaze.
- Mix all glaze ingrediants together. Pour over a cood cake.
I like this recipe much better than the one on Duncan Hines Butter recipe cake mix. The two things I do differently is that I add 2 tsp of cinnamon with the brown sugar and I use 1 cup of nuts and add vanilla flavoring and then you end up with the perfect cake.