Sock It to Me Cake
This most delicious recipe is straight off the back of the Duncan Hines cake mix box, but any good cake mix will do.
- Ready In:
- 1 (18 ounce) package butter recipe cake mix or (18 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cake mix (reserved)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon, ground
- 1 cup nuts, finely chopped
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 -2 tablespoon milk
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Grease and flour a 10-inch tube or bundt pan.
- For streusel filling, combine 2 tablespoons cake mix, brown sugar, and cinnamon in medium bowl; stir in pecans.
- For cake, combine remaining cake mix, eggs, sour cream, oil, water, and sugar in a bowl.
- Beat at medium speed with electric mixer for 2 minutes.
- Pour two-thirds of batter into pan, sprinkle struesel filling.
- Spoon remaining batter over filling.
- Bake for 45 to 55 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 25 minutes, and invert onto a serving plate, and then cool completely.
- For glaze combine confectioners' sugar and milk in a small bowl.
- Stir until smooth, and then drizzle onto cake.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
I always had a friend of mine make it for me until I found the recipe myself, this is my first time trying it haven’t tasted it yet just took it out of the oven a little while ago so it’s cooling I’ll do the glaze and then I will know. Will get back too you and compare ideas. Thanks for the tweaks they were helpful
Why did Duncan Hines quit putting the recipe for the "sock it to me" cake on the box. Also --- Changes have been made to the Duncan Hines cake mix. Not like it used to be. I have always used Duncan Hines mixes , started when they were the only ones to have mix in a plastic container. I did not like getting ready to bake a cake and find I had bugs in the mix. Never with DH.