photo by Bergy
- Ready In:
- Wash and dry the veal. Beat the veal steaks with a mallet until they are about 1/4" to 1/2" thick.
- Turn a frying pan on medium heat to melt the shortening.
- Sprinkle the veal steaks with salt and pepper and dip into the flour.
- Next you dip them into the beaten egg and then over into the bread crumbs seasoned with the paprika.
- Finally, fry the meat in the melted shortening until they are brown on both sides.
- Drain on paper towels and serve with lemon wedges.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I have made this recipe several times and really enjoy it. I have tried others but found this one to be preferable. I use pork cutlets when I make it. The only change I have recently started making is to bake it instead of fry it. I lightly spray the breaded cutlets with olive oil and put it in a 350 degree oven for 30-40 minutes. The breading gets crispy, but seems much healthier than frying it in shortening. The idea of serving with lemon wedges was excellent; what a nice enhancement! My children and husband love this recipe, too.