- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1⁄3 cup onion, finely chopped
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh gingerroot
- 1⁄3 cup long-grain rice
- 1 cup chicken broth
- salt (depending on how salty the broth is) (optional)
- 1⁄4 lb snow peas, trimmed and cut into ½ inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted lightly
Directions See How It's Made
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine oil, butter, onion, scallions and gingerroot and microwave at high power for 2 minutes, or until onion is softened.
- Stir in rice to coat with oil and butter, add broth and microwave, covered with plastic wrap at high for 5 minutes.
- Microwave at medium power (50%) for 12-15 minutes, or until all liquid is absorbed and rice is tender.
- Uncover and stir in snow peas.
- Let stand, covered, for 5 minutes and stir in sesame seeds.