Kashi Seven Whole Grain & Sesame Pilaf
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
I took a lowfat, high fiber cooking class at the hospital and this is one of the recipes we made. It is served cold.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup Kashi, pilaf
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper, diced
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, diced
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup water chestnut, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce, low-sodium
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Whisk all vinaigrette ingredients together.
- Bring water to a boil. Add Kashi and reduce heat to simmer.
- Cook until all liquid has been absorbed, about 25 minutes.
- Spread Kashi on sheet pan and allow to cool.
- Add vegetables to cooked and cooled Kashi.
- Add enough Kashi vinaigrette or your choice of dressing just to coat, and toss well. Serve chilled.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION