Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a great, tangy, tasty vinaigrette--perfect on plain green salads, or on taco salads.
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 tablespoons corn oil
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 fresh jalapenos (seeded and minced fine)
- 2 cups salsa (your favorite brand or homemade)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- Mix together the first 5 ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Whisk to combine.
- SLOWLY drizzle in both oils, one at a time, whisking constantly until oil emulsifies.
- Add in jalapeÃ±os and salsa, whisking to combine.
- Season with sea salt and black pepper, to your tastes.
- Will keep in a tightly lidded jar in fridge for about 2 weeks or so.
- Shake well before using after it has been stored.
I was looking for a dressing for a taco salad and this one was perfect! When I first tasted it, the mustard seemed a little odd. But after mixing it with the salad, it blended perfectly with the other ingredients. I halved the recipe, used fresh salsa, and added only two tablespoons of oil. I had a lot leftover, so the next day I mixed it with sour cream for an excellent taco topping and with avocado for a super quick guacamole. We love Mexican/Southwestern food, so I know I'll be finding lots of uses for this one. Thanks!
This is a great dressing! Not overly acidic and very flavorful. Everyone loved it. Thanks!
We loved this! is is so flavorfull I served it over chopped cabbage with avacados, black olives, sweet onion and small cubes of sharp chedder GREAT