While cleaning out my pantry (ugh, what a chore) I found some wooden bbq skewers that have been replaced by metal ones. What do I do with these? The little wheels in my mind started grinding and I came up with this idea for my Halloween Boo-ffet.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray each skewer with non-stick spray.
- Wrap each breadstick around the skewer and flatten out the end a bit.
- You will have to work with the dough a bit, but place 2 black olives on the top for eyes and a small piece of pimiento in the "mouth" for the tongue.
- Bake on a prepared baking sheet for approximately 20 minutes or until the breadsticks are golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and immediately brush with the melted butter and sprinkle with the herbs/spices of your choice. Let cool.
- If desired, slide the skewers off the bread or serve with the skewers in for easy handling.
- NOTE: If desired, make the dough from scratch and use food coloring to make them green or knead in paste food coloring, using gloves to shield your hands from getting stained.