Quick Soft Breadsticks
Our family likes these breadsticks because they are soft and chewy. I like to make them when I am in a hurry because they rise quickly.
- Ready In:
- 1 cup warm water
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 3 cups bread flour
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons yeast
- Make dough using your favorite method- bread machine, mixer or by hand.
- Roll out into a 10x12 inch rectangle.
- Cut into strips about 3/4 inch wide.
- Give each strip a twist and place on a greased cookie sheet.
- Let rise for at least 20 minutes or more if you have time.
- Bake at 375 for 10-15 minutes.
- Brush with butter and sprinkle with garlic salt and parmesan cheese.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I love these. I use a high gluten bouncer flour and use our stand mixer and these come out perfect. I needed a breadstick for when we run a pasta special at the pizza shop but needed a recipe that was quick and easy with what we already have. These were so popular I've had to make them every day since the first day for our customers. I use a garlic butter spread on top and freshly grated parm on top. These can sit in the fridge til ready to cook and they reheat really well in our pizza oven. It's now at the point I'm probably going to have to use our big dough mixer with 25 lbs of flour! I've NEVER had to throw one away. People just devour them. I love them but boy did I make more work for myself in my already busy kitchen!!Reply
see 211 more