Slinky the Snake (cake)
- Ready In:
- 2 10 inch bundt cake (any flavor you like)
- 2 (16 ounce) cans white frosting
- food coloring
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 red fruit roll-ups or 1 fruit leather
- assorted decorative candies
- You will also need: 1 40x20 cake board covered in foil or paper Cut each bundt cake in half, NOT horizontally, vertically.
- Position pieces end to end to make a serpentine shape (like an"S" on it's side) Set it on the cake board with a little bit of frosting as the glue.
- Tint your frosting whatever color you'd like your snake to be.
- I did a green color.
- Frost entire length of cake with the colored frosting, frosting halfway down the sides.
- If you do the whole thing you'll need another can or two of frosting.
- Place the chocolate chips in a zip bag.
- Microwave on MEDIUM (50%) power for 20 to 30 seconds.
- Mush the bag a bit and microwave 20 more seconds on medium power until chocolate is melted.
- Clip the corner of the bag and use it to make a diamond pattern along the snake's back.
- cut the fruit roll-up into a strip that has a forked tongue shape on the end and set under one end of the cake Decorate the eyes and nostrils with the candies (I use M&M's).
Join The Conversation