Brad's Favorite Meat on a Stick
photo by Marie Nixon
- Ready In:
- 1 (1 lb) package boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 (10 ounce) bottle teriyaki marinade
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sesame oil
- Cut chicken breasts into thin strips about 1/4'' to 1/2'' wide.
- combine all ingredients with enough teriyaki sauce to cover the chicken breasts and marinate overnight.
- soak wooden skewers in water and run several strips onto each skewer.
- preheat broiler.
- cover roasting pan with foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Broil skewers about 10 minutes per side, or until chicken is done.
- serve with rice if desired.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
These are great! I read that the chicken on a stick at the chinese buffets use thigh meat so I bought boneless chicken thigh meat. Super easy to make and you could easily marinate more than 1 pound of chicken with this recipe. I marinated my chicken for about 6 hours. I'll probably use less creamy peanut butter next time. My other suggestion is to be sure to leave some space on the skewers between the chicken meat. This will help them to cook more evenly.
see 1 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am married and I have a 3 1/2 year old daughter and my little guy was born in December. I'm an office manager for a construction company and my husband does floor installation and trim carpentry. The kitchen is where my inner "domestic diva" comes out. Too bad it doesn't also come out in organizing... I tend to be busy during the week with friends, church functions and family so I usually have quickie meals, but on weekends (especially Sundays) I make more time consuming meals. My hobbies are (of course) cooking, reading, more cooking, and playing with my kids. My husband and I love to get together with couples from our church (many of them he grew up with!) and we play games, eat and have great times!