Fried Crab Sticks
photo by Catandra
- Ready In:
- Heat vegetable oil to 350 degrees.
- Unwrap crabsticks and line them on foil or a plate.
- Whisk together eggs and milk to create egg wash.
- Dredge crab stick in flour; one at a time. (Coat evevly).
- Then dredge the crabstick in egg wash. (coat evenly).
- Now roll the crabstick in the panko breadcrumbs until completely covered.
- Repeat steps 4 thru 6 for about two or three more crabsticks.
- Deep fry at 350 degrees for about 2 minutes, turning over once. (Do not overcook, as the crab meat will begin to separate into strips.).
- While these are cooking, prepare the remaining crabsticks.
- NOTE: Do not overcrowd or cook all at once. Fry in batches for best results.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I made these today as I had crab sticks left over from a seafood salad I had made earlier in the week. I made a request adjustments I added some season all and old bay seasoning to the egg and milk wash to give the inside flavor and I added paprika to the pankos to help them brown. After they were done I sprinkled with a little salt and pepper and ate them with ketchup. I was very pleased with them.