Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe comes from the "reader recipes" section of Cooking Light - credit goes to reader Erika Cross MacDonald of Nashua, NH. It is delicious served over rice or egg noodles.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cups diagonally sliced carrots
- 1 cup sliced onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 (8 ounce) packages sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- chopped fresh chives
- Heat a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Cook for 4 minutes on each side or until lightly browned.
- Remove from pan.
- Heat the oil in pan over medium high heat.
- Add carrot, onion, and garlic.
- Cook 2 minutes.
- Add mushrooms.
- Cook 5 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- Sprinkle with flour.
- Cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add broth and thyme.
- Bring to a boil and cook until slightly thick, stirring frequently.
- Return chicken to pan.
- Cover, reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes or until chicken is done.
- Garnish with chives.
Wonderful & easy dish. The ingredients were products that are normally on hand. Will definitely make this one again! thx
Just had this for dinner tonight... WONDERFUL!! So easy and the common ingredients make it something that'll be in the regular rotation. Subbed whole wheat flour for white and the "gravy" was still excellent. Other than that the only change was to half the recipe for the two of us. Thanks!