Recipe by MarieRynr
Typically we serve this spread with breadsticks or crackers. But for a delicious change, put a spoonful onto some thick grilled slices of sourdough bread, then top it with a squirt of lemon and a few grinds of pepper. The creamy, pale pink spread, melting into the crevices of the crunchy toast is irresistible.
Top Review by palm715
We made this for this first time for a tailgate party at University of Hawaii (Go Warriors!!). We rolled the spread up in tortillas and made bite-sized pinwheels for easy eating/transport. They were a HUGE hit. They tasted great with a cold beer and good friends. Aloha!
- 12 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 6 dashes Tabasco sauce
- 3 scallions, white and green parts, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons capers, rinsed and drained
- 8 ounces smoked salmon, coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh dill or 1 tablespoon dried dill
- fresh ground black pepper
- fresh dill, for garnish
- crackers or breadstick, for serving