Recipe by BakinBaby
Flavored with dill,dijon and capers. A very easy and impressive salad and a super way to use up leftover salmon. From my Phoenix Junior Women's League Cookbook, by chef Scott Tompkins at the Marco Polo Cafe.
Top Review by Maito
Delicate and really good, all the flavors are nice together. After reading another review I decided to use Meyer lemon instead of orange, since it is a cross. It paired wonderfully. I also used less mustard (personal preference). Next time I will add more capers and some cucumber for crunch.
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon dill weed (fresh)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons orange zest
- 8 red potatoes (small-cooked-sliced)
- 4 ounces smoked salmon (chopped)
- 1⁄2 red onion (julienned)
- 1 tablespoon capers (rinsed)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine dijon mustard,dill,olive oil, orange juice,orange zest, salt and pepper in a small bowl, mix well.
- Cover and chill throughly.
- Combine cooled potatoes,salmon,onion and capers in a large bowl, toss to mix well.
- Pour dressing over potato mixture and toss to mix well.
- Serve and enjoy.