Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 mins
A recipe for smoked salmon lovers! This is not your traditional baked-in-a-wood-oven pizza, but it's a very simple, quick to make and delicious combination of the classic ingredients which go so well with smoked salmon, served on crisp pita bread. I found the recipe this morning while at the hairdresser's, bought a copy of the magazine, and made these for lunch today. Just wonderful for a quick, light weekend lunch! The recipe I've posted here has been adapted slightly from the recipe in the November/December 2005 issue of the 'donna hay magazine'. I have also posted Donna Hay's recipe for haloumi and couscous cakes which she suggests serving with smoked salmon, so it's another recipe for smoked salmon lovers! Donna Hay is an Australian chef.
- 4 pita bread, quartered
- olive oil, for brushing
- 1 cup low-fat sour cream
- 400 g smoked salmon, slices
- 70 g baby spinach leaves
- 1⁄4 cup fresh chives, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh dill, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup baby capers, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄4 cup kalamata olive, halved
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- Preheat a char-grill (broiler) pan over a high heat.
- Brush the pita bread quarters with oil and cook for 1 minute on each side or until it is crisp and golden.
- Spread the pita bread with the sour cream and top with the salmon, baby spinach leaves, chives, dill, capers, olives and red onion.
Husband was skeptical then raved non-stop over this pizza. I made just as posted and will make again. and again.
This was my kind of lunch - smoked salmon, fresh dill, capers... yum! I liked Asha's idea of mixing the toppings and I'll do that next time. I don't like olives either, so I simply didn't use them! Thanks! Tagged for ***1.2.3 HIT WONDERS***.
This was fantastic! Really quick and the best 'pizza' I have ever had! I used some pita rolls split in half because the local shop didn't have normal pita bread, and substituted cottage cheese for the sour cream.