- 1⁄4 lb smoked salmon
- 1 lb fettuccine (any pasta will be fine)
- 1⁄2 small onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 ounces heavy cream
- ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil (chopped fine)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook fettucine or other type pasta until al dente.
- Meanwhile, saute onion in butter till soft in a heavy skillet or cast iron frying pan.
- Add smoked salmon, cream and heat gently, stirring together until smooth.
- Drain fettucine noodles, add the Salmon sauce, pepper to taste and stir-in gently.
- Sprinkle with fresh basil and serve hot.
- Serve this pasta recipe with french bread and have parmesan cheese at the table.