Smoked Salmon and Caper Pasta
- Ready In:
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the onion and saute until translucent, but not browned.
- Add the smoked salmon and continue cooking just until salmon turns opaque, 1-2 minutes.
- Pour in the cream and add capers.
- Be careful how much salt you add because the snoked salmon and capers are both salty.
- Add pasta and toss to coat.
- *Ifthere doesn't appear to be enough sauce, add a couple of tablespoons of the pasta cooking water to thin it down.
- Serve with freshly grated parmesan.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Great recipe, Madzmom! DH made this for me--I picked it out, of course, but he made it for me....a true miracle! Anyway, he said that it was a very easy recipe to follow and I can vouch that it was wonderful to eat. He did forget to add the grated parmesan, but it was still amazing. We used spinach fettuccine noodles, which set off the pink salmon nicely. Thanks so much for posting!!
Fast and delicious! I had a small amount of left-over smoke roasted salmon - added it to regular roast salmon - made 1/4 recipe for my dinner tonight. I didn't have any heavy cream, so used 2 Tbs of light cream cheese and 3 Tbs of 1/2 & 1/2 (regular not light!) - It was creamy and delicious. Next time I'll try the heavy cream.
Simpe, but flavourful! Way, way to easy...I mean, this sauce is done by the time the pasta is cooked!!! Loved the capers....I have to admit, I added more! Made this recipe to use up some whipping cream and I so happen to have a small package of smoked salmon in the freezer. I did add about 1-1/2 tsp of lemon juice and about 1 tsp of dillweed and added about 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese. What an easy dinner to make up. I would put this in the file for those rushed days we all seem to have more and more of!!!! Good research, MadzMom!!!