Tomato, Basil, and Caper Bow Tie Pasta
photo by Mamas Kitchen Hope
- Ready In:
- 4 cups bow tie pasta (cooked)
- 4 cups cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 1⁄3 cup fresh basil (thinly sliced)
- 1⁄4 cup olive (chopped and pitted)
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- red wine vinegar (optional)
- Combine first 10 ingredients in a large bowl, and toss well. Sprinkle vinegar over each serving, if desired.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Loved this salad! I had to refresh it with some olive oil and a little bit of vinegar before serving this as part of a buffet. Loved the nice clean taste of the basil to the saltiness of the capers and olives. I used shell pasta that trapped the olives and capers so nicely. I will do this one again!!! Thanks for sharing
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am the mother of two beautiful boys. I love to bake and cook which has helped me to become very overweight. I have lost 50 pounds this past year and have been learning to cook "lighter". We still enjoy many of the same dishes we used to. However, I have learned portion control and how to make suttle changes to my recipes that don't affect the flavor.