I like these at Christmas time because of the red, green colors. (they are good anytime tho) Relatively low cal . for the festive season
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1With a vegetable peeler remove and discard a long strip of the green outer peel.
- 2On the same side continue to pare long thin strips edged in dark green until you reach the seedy portion (You should get about 3 strips). Rotate the cuke a quarter turn and continue paring.
- 3You will need 3 dozen strips Bring a saucepan of water to a boil and add strips and blanch for 5 SECONDS Refresh in cold water and dry on paper towels.
- 4Blend together the cream cheese, smoked salmon and horseradish.
- 5(You can do the strips and mix the salmon/ cheese the day before you are serving, store in the fridge) Shortly before serving spread the cheese/salmon mixture on the pumpernickel rounds, Drape a cuke strips on each and top with a small dollop of caviar.
- 6Garnish the serving platter with parsley or dill.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Smoked Salmon Canapes
Serving Size: 1 (149 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 90.4
- Calories from Fat 47
- Total Fat 5.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 60.1 mg
- Sodium 228.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 5.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: