Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Don't want to lose this. Sounds like a good use of leftover smoked salmon. You need 6 oz. smoked salmon to make this.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup fish stock
- 1 cucumber, peeled, chopped
- 6 ounces smoked salmon, bits
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped
- 2⁄3 cup half-and-half
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- lemon, to garnish
- fresh dill, to garnish
- Melt butter in a large saucepan.
- Gently cook shallots in butter until soft.
- Stir in flour, then gradually add milk; bring to a boil; add stock and and cucumber.
- Simmer 10 minutes.
- Reserve several salmon bits for garnish and chop remaining salmon bits and add to stock mixture.
- Cook gently 2-3 minutes.
- In a food processor fitted with a metal blade, or a blender, process soup to a puree.
- Clean pan and return soup to pan; stir in chopped dill and half and half.
- Season with salt and pepper and gently reheat.
- Garnish with salmon bits. lemon pieces and dill sprigs.