Crock Pot Potato Dill Soup
- Ready In:
- 6hrs 15mins
- 7 cups cubed peeled potatoes
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced carrot
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1/4 cup margarine
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons dried dill weed
- 12 ounces evaporated milk
- In a large crockpot, combine first ten ingredients.
- Cover and cook on high until the vegetables are tender (Depending on your crockpot this time can vary from 3 to 7 hours.).
- Add milk. Stir to blend and heat.
- Use a hand mixer to blend some of the "chunks" to thicken soup. Fix to preference: to thicken further, use potato flakes & to thin soup, add regular milk.
Join The Conversation
Really nice soup! Easy to make and delicious. I reduced the salt to 1 1/2 teaspoons. I thought the 2 tablespoons dill was a little too much, so would probably reduce to 1 tablespoon next time. I just realized as I was typing up my review that I forgot to add the butter. Didn't even notice! I suppose that made it a little healthier too.