1/2 Photos of Smoked Salmon and Dill Blinis
Sydney Mike's Note:
Blinis are small pancakes of Russian origin and are an easy-to-make appetizer! Preparation time does not include time needed for batter to rise!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In large bowl, mix together buckwheat & all-purpose flour with salt.
- 2Sprinkle in yeast & mix well.
- 3Separate yolk & white of ONE egg, then set white aside, reserved.
- 4Whisk together remaining whole egg AND yolk of first egg, along with warm milk & 1 tablespoon melted butter.
- 5Pour egg mixture onto flour mixture & beat well to form smooth batter. Cover with plastic wrap & let rise in warm place 1-2 hours.
- 6In large bowl, whisk reserved egg white until stiff peaks form, then gently fold into batter.
- 7Preheat heavy-bottom frying pan or griddle & brush with melted butter.
- 8Drop tablespoons of batter onto pan, spacing well apart, & cook about 40 seconds, until bubbles appear on the surface.
- 9Flip over the blinis & cook for 30 seconds on other side.
- 10Wrap blinis in foil & keep warm in low-temperature oven. Repeat with remaining mixture, buttering pan each time.
- 11Combine creme fraiche & dill.
- 12Serve blinis topped with salmon & dollop of cream.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Smoked Salmon and Dill Blinis
Serving Size: 1 (288 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 576.6
- Calories from Fat 272
- Total Fat 30.2 g
- Saturated Fat 16.4 g
- Cholesterol 202.0 mg
- Sodium 611.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 26.1 g