Top Review by GaylaJ
Delicious and different. The salad is very nice, but I think the stars here are the gruyere potato coins--they make fabulous bases, so different from the usual, expected crackers or bread. Except for scaling to half, I followed the recipe exactly and it was very much enjoyed--thanks for posting!
- 2 long thin potatoes, cut into 1/8 inch thick slices
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup shredded gruyere cheese (about 4 ounces)
- 1⁄2 lb lean smoked ham, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 scallion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped cornichon
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped capers
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped tarragon
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350° and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil.
- Using a 2-inch round biscuit cutter, cut the potato slices into rounds.
- In a bowl, toss the potatoes with the olive oil and arrange them in a single layer on the baking sheet.
- Season lightly with salt and pepper, then sprinkle with the cheese.
- Bake the potato rounds for about 45 minutes, or until deep golden; let cool.
- Transfer the potato coins to paper towels.
- In a small bowl, combine the ham with the mayonnaise, scallion, Cornichons, capers, tarragon and mustard.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon the ham salad onto the potato coins and serve.