Recipe by CookingMonster
I got this recipe off of foodnetwork.com. What a wonderful recipe. Another way to make potatoes interesting. I made them as this recipe called for and it was delicious. The next time I made it I made variations to this. After smashing them, I put on the olive oil and then sprinkled dill weed and chives and covered in mozza cheese, and served with herbed sourcream. So delicious.
Top Review by lori.spreitzer
Very good. However I did tweek it a little since I don't really care for fennel. I drizzled the potatoes with basil flavored olive oil and topped with cheddar cheese and fresh chives out of my garden.
- 6 baking potatoes
- 88.74 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 29.58 ml fennel seeds
- 4.92 ml salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Place potatoes on a baking tray and bake for 45 to 60 minutes, until tender.
- Turn oven up to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- Push down on the baked potatoes with a potato masher or small plate so that they crack open and are flattened, doubling in diameter.
- Drizzle liberally with olive oil and sprinkle with fennel seeds and salt and pepper.
- Bake until golden and crisp about 15 to 20 minutes more.