Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Sweet and sour cabbage downsized for smaller meals.
Make and share this Small Batch Red Cabbage for Two recipe from Food.com.
- 8 ounces shredded red cabbage
- 1 small cooking apple, cored peeled and diced
- 1⁄2 cup slivered red onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- salt and pepper
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons apple jelly
- Saute cabbage, onion and apple in butter in butter until softened.
- Season with salt and pepper; stir in water and balsamic vinegar and simmer, covered, over low heat 35-45 minutes until tender.
- Stir in jelly and allow to melt; cook further until any excess water evaporates.
I had some red cabbage left from another recipe, but not enough to do much with. This was just perfect for 2 people. Thank you for posting this recipe. Made for Everyday Holiday Tag Game. )