Easy Sweet and Sour Red Cabbage Saute
- Ready In:
- 3 -5 tablespoons oil
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 -2 apple, peeled, cored and chopped (I use Gala apples for this)
- 1 small red cabbage, thinly sliced (about 5 cups)
- 1⁄4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup sugar (can use more to taste)
- 1 teaspoon celery seed (or to taste)
- salt and black pepper
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add in onion and saute until golden (about 7-8 minutes).
- Add in sliced cabbage, cider vinegar, sugar, celery seeds and black pepper; mix to combine and cook until the cabbage if crisp-tender and the liquid is reduced to a glaze (about 10-12 minutes).
- Season with salt.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!