Sweet and Sour Red Cabbage
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 red cabbage, shredded
- 2 apples, peeled and grated
- 1⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 3 tablespoons soft brown sugar
- salt and pepper
- Melt butter in saucepan, add cabbage and apple and cook gently for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook gently for 20-30 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot or cold.
Join The Conversation
I'm not going to give this a star rating because I don't know if this was the recipe I was looking for. I was looking for a recipe like I had at the Crab Cracker in Kirkland, WA, and this wasn't it- the balance of sweet/sour/richness wasn't the same. I followed the recipe to the T, but cooking on medium low heat it started to burn and I had to add water. Even after 34-40 minutes of cooking it wasn't tender- I sliced the cabbage as thin as I could, maybe I needed to use a v-slicer instead.