Recipe by Lynn S.
A quick easy taco recipe that my family enjoyed.
Top Review by Bayhill
We really loved these easy and healthy tacos after I doctored them up a bit. I made the recipe as written, using 2 TBSP. cilantro instead of 1 TBSP. After cooking on low for 5 hours, I tasted it and found that it was quite bland for our tastes. I added some garlic salt, cumin, sugar, black pepper, additonal salt, and some recipe #143458 #143458 , to taste. After adding the above, I tasted it again and liked it a lot (so did my family). I served this in corn tortillas and topped it with the sour cream sauce, shredded cabbage, chopped tomatoes, and 4-cheese blend Mexican cheese. Thank you for sharing this quick, easy and healthy recipe. *Made for 2010 Spring PAC*
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1⁄2 cup chunky salsa
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, Chopped (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- ground red pepper
- 8 taco shells
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown turkey and onion in large skillet over medium heat, stirring to separate meat. Combine turkey mixture, tomato paste, salsa, cilantro and salt in slow cooker. Cover; cook on low 4-5 hours.
- Just before serving, melt butter in small saucepan over low heat. Stir in flour and salt; cook 1 minute. Carefully stir in milk. Cook and stir over low heat until thickened. Remove from heat. Combine sour cream and sprinkle of ground red pepper in small bowl. Stir into hot milk mixture. Return to heat; cook over low heat 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- To serve, spoon 1/4 cup turkey mixture into each taco shell. Spoon sour cream mixture over taco filling.