Spicy Turkey Tacos
photo by sweetysjd
- Ready In:
- 3⁄4 - 1 lb ground turkey breast
- 6 -8 taco shells
- 4 teaspoons whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon onion flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 - 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper (the more you add the spicier the tacos!)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon unbleached cane sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground oregano
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup 2% cheddar cheese
- 1⁄3 cup picante sauce
- 2 tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1 onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup lettuce, shredded
- Whisk together all seasoning ingredients in small bowl. Set aside.
- Brown meat in large skillet. Add seasoning mixture and 2/3 cup water; mix thoroughly.
- Bring to boil, then reduce to low heat. Cook 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Heat taco shells according to package instructions.
- Spoon meat into warmed taco shells.
- Top as desired.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
We prefer ground turkey to beef, and try to get the leanest we can find, since we care more for white meat. Served these with the addition of guacamole (a must for us!) and no raw onion, on DH's request. I also used my own taco seasoning, since I had it made up already, and it contains the same ingredients. I guess because we packed in so much of the toppings, this amount of meat gave us at least 6 tacos for a half recipe (to feed two big eaters). Yum!