Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 hrs
I have also used cubed frozen potatoes in this dish...any kind frozen potatoes will work...it's really easy and takes no time to prepare...
- 1 (2 lb) bag frozen hash brown potatoes
- 2 cups of shredded cheese
- 1 pint sour cream
- 1 (32 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup milk
- 1 medium onion, chopped fine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoned garlic pepper seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- Mix together in very large mixing bowl.
- Place in a slow cooker (crock pot).
- Cover and cook on low 5-6 hours or until potatoes are tender.
- Recipe Note: This is great to take to a carry-in dinner.
Made this for Christmas Eve dinner. It was ok - a tad too runny for my taste. I used cubed frozen potatoes instead of hashbrowns thinking they would hold up better. It was more like a potato soup, than a side dish. But it did have good flavor
I was assigned the Hashbrown Casserole for this year's Thanksgiving. Since my dad was in the hospital, I wanted something I could throw in the crockpot on my way out to see him and have it be ready when I got home. This was the only recipe I could find that didn't have a ton of butter in it. It was really pretty good. All of the ILs raved about it. I mixed it up the night before and put it in the fridge and then put it in the crock the next morning. Worked like a charm!
OMG. This is a perfect dish! I had to attend a dinner party, during the week, and was asked to bring a warm potato dish. I work a 9-5 job so.....off to recipezaar I go. I used a lamp timer (my slowcooker doesn`t have a timer) to start at noon, I got home a bit after 5 and perfect potatoes. I always adjust recipes as I go; here are the changes I made: I used a Tbsp of steak seasoning instead of the last three ingredience, 250ml sour cream, added a cello of sliced white mushrooms and tsp. fresh chopped garlic,and I used Mozz. cheese. The end result was a cubed scalloped potato dish. Yum. Quick and Easy!