Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
I found this recipe in the owner's guide for my Rival Smart-Pot Programmable Crock Pot. If you use the vegetable broth option this meal will be vegan. You could always add beef or vegetarian meatballs for a heartier soup.
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can great northern beans
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans beef broth or 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans vegetable broth
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1⁄4 teaspoon liquid hot pepper sauce
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 cup dry shell pasta
- Combine all ingredients except for pasta in crock pot.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours or on HIGH for 4 hours.
- Cook pasta in a pot of boiling water according to package directions, drain, then combine with soup and serve.
I made this in a large pot on top of the stove, I used chicken broth in place of water and did a few amount adjustments, we like spicy so I added in a heaping tablespoonful of crushed chili flakes, we really enjoyed this soup and I will make it again soon, this was made for kittencalskitchen forum tag game, thanks Dorit!