Pasta Fagioli Soup in a Crock Pot
photo by kbot1701
- Ready In:
- 7hrs 15mins
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 (28 ounce) cans diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (16 ounce) can red kidney beans, drained
- 1 (16 ounce) can white kidney beans, drained
- 3 (10 ounce) cans beef stock
- 3 teaspoons oregano
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 6 teaspoons parsley
- 1 (20 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 8 ounces pasta
- Brown beef in a skillet
- Drain fat from beef and add to crock pot with
- everything except pasta.
- Cook on low 7-8 hours or high 4-5 hours.
- During last 30 minutes on high or 1 hour on low add pasta.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
It was VERY good! I followed the recipe almost exactly, except I didn't realize it was 2 of the large size cans of tomatoes, and I only had the regular size. I found a can of stewed tomatoes and added that with about 1/2 cup of water and it was fine. I also added a good amount of brown sugar because I add it to anything tomato-based. This recipe makes a LOT...it literally filled my big crockpot to the brim. You could easily cut the recipe in half and still have plenty of leftovers for a family. Tastes even better the next day.
see 6 more reviews