Olive Garden Pasta E Fagioli Soup in a Crock Pot (Copycat)
This tastes exactly like the pasta e fagioli soup at the Olive Garden. Wonderful! Husband loves it!
- Ready In:
- 7hrs 15mins
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 4 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 (28 ounce) cans diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (16 ounce) can red kidney beans, drained
- 1 (16 ounce) can white kidney beans, drained
- 3 (10 ounce) cans beef stock
- 3 teaspoons oregano
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 5 teaspoons parsley
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce (optional)
- 1 (20 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 8 ounces pasta
- Brown beef in a skillet.
- Drain fat from beef and add to crock pot with everything except pasta.
- Cook on low 7-8 hours or high 4-5 hours.
- During last 30 min on high or 1 hour on low, add pasta.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
First off it’s a good recipe but save the cooked noodles and add to each bowl as you serve! This allows you to freeze some soup for later and they don’t get mushy! I do add extra garlic and half spicy sausage/half lean beef. I also add a bit extra broth. I have an 8 qt crock and it’s full! My family’s fav soup!
My family loves this soup - I make the whole recipe on the stove because my crockpot is too small - and freeze half for another time. I sauté the aromatic vegetables, along with some about 3 cloves of minced garlic, then remove from the stockpot, then I cook the ground beef (sometimes I use a pound of ground beef plus a pound of chicken Italian sausage) until cooked through, and drain. Then I add the veg and everything else but the pasta (I use Penzey's Tuscan Sunset seasoning rather than just oregano and parsley), and simmer it for about 1 1/2 to 2 hours. I make the ditalini separately, about 3/4 oz per serving, and ladle the soup over the pasta. We top it with freshly grated Parmesan, and it's a meal all by itself. Thank you so much for this recipe - it's a winter staple for us.