Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 hrs 30 mins
A rich, hearty soup in the crock pot.
- 2 yukon gold potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 onions, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 -5 pieces bacon, chopped
- 2 1⁄2 cups corn kernels
- 1 teaspoon paprika (smoked or sweet)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon table salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 1⁄4 cups water
- 4 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1⁄3 cup whipping cream (35% fat)
- 1⁄2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- In slow cooker, combine potatoes, onion, garlic, bacon, 2 cups of corn, paprika, thyme, salt, pepper, chicken broth and 2 cups of water. Cover and cook on low 6-8 hours or until potatoes are tender. When cooked, break up potatoes roughly using a potato masher.
- Whisk flour with 1/4 cup water until smooth. Stir into slow cooker.
- Add remaining corn, broccoli and cream. Cover and cook on high about 20 minutes, until slightly thickened and broccoli is tender. Serve, topping each bowl with a generous pinch of cheese.
This is a very tasty soup. I put the broccoli in at the beginning with the rest of the beginning ingredients-yum. Also, I would use 3 potatoes not two. Overall, a very tasty recipe.