1/1 Photo of Slow Cooked Madras Chicken Curry (Crock Pot)
4 hrs 55 mins
4 hrs 40 mins
I do love my crock pot as it continually provides me with tasty and effortless meals. This began as a recipe found on about.com, but the changes are rather substantial so I feel comfortable calling it my own. There are as many ways to prepare curry as there are chefs who enjoy the spice blend which makes me a little apprehensive about posting this recipe. Your results will vary according to the curry powder and chutney selected so please adjust to your own tastes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 small onions, finely diced (about 2 cups)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (about 1 1/2 tablespoons)
- 1/2 jalapeno, finely diced (about 1/2 tablespoon)
- 1 tablespoon gingerroot, minced
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons Madras curry powder
- 3/4 cup mango chutney
- 1 1/4 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts or 1 1/4 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 granny smith apple, cut into medium to large chunks (I did tenths and halved them)
- 1Lightly spray the interior of your crock pot with a light coating of cooking spray for easier clean up later.
- 2Cover the bottom of pot with the onions, garlic and jalapeños. Top with the chicken breasts. (Please make sure the onions are finely chopped as the desired result is to have them melt into the sauce.).
- 3Combine the curry powder, chutney, tomato paste and ginger together and pour over the chicken.
- 4Place the apples on top.
- 5Cook for 4-5 hours on high until the chicken is cooked and tender but not falling apart. Mix the sauce together so that all elements are blended. If you want a thicker sauce, remove the chicken from the crock pot and stir in a teaspoon or two of cornstarch and cook until the sauce is glossy.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Slow Cooked Madras Chicken Curry (Crock Pot)
Serving Size: 1 (234 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 216.8
- Calories from Fat 38
- Total Fat 4.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 90.8 mg
- Sodium 200.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 6.9 g
- Protein 31.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: