Tender Crock Pot Chicken Curry
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Posted in response to a request for chicken-thigh crock pot recipes; found in "Company's Coming Slow Cooker Recipes".
- Ready In:
- 10hrs 20mins
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 4 cups hot water
- 3 tablespoons curry powder
- 4 teaspoons low-sodium instant chicken bouillon granules
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs or 1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Put onion in crock pot, followed by tomato and green pepper.
- In a bowl, whisk together the hot water, curry powder, bouillon powder, ketchup and salt; pour mixture over vegetables.
- Arrange chicken pieces over top.
- Cover and cook on Low for 8 to 10 hours or on High for 4 to 5 hours.
- Transfer chicken to platter; remove vegetables with slotted spoon and place beside chicken.
- Pour broth into a separate gravy boat and serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I really enjoyed this! I made some simple changes: I used Ro*Tel, instead of the tomatoes, just to add a bit of spice. I didn't have a green pepper, so I used carrots instead, and I added some raisins, and cornstarch to thicken it. I've always used that packaged curry mix before, but I enjoyed this more. I gave it four stars, because mu husband said he wishes it was spicier. Personally, I thought it was perfect! I will definitely be making this again!Reply
see 13 more