Recipe by *Pixie*
Mar 6, 2000
Top Review by Betty Recht
This recipe was delicious and fairly simple to make. I used basmati rice. Also, I browned the mushrooms and carrots before adding to the rice mixture. I cooked the browned chicken and rice mixture in a dutch oven in the oven at 300 degrees for an hour, as I had to leave the house and wanted it to be ready when I returned. Also, I used some olive oil to brown the chicken and then some margarine to brown the mushrooms and carrots.
- 2 lbs chicken pieces, skinned
- 3 cups mushrooms, fresh, sliced
- 4 carrots, peeled, sliced 1/2-inch
- 3⁄4 cup rice, long grain
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon bouillon cube, chicken, granules
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups water
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray a 12-inch skillet with nonstick spray coating.
- Brown chicken pieces on all sides over medium heat about 15 minutes.
- Remove chicken.
- Drain fat from skillet, if neccessary.
- Add mushrooms, carrots, rice, onion, bouillon, poultry seasoning, 2 cups water, salt.
- Place chicken atop rice mixture.
- Cover; simmer 30 minutes or till chicken and rice are done.