Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I felt like something a little Mexican tasting. So searched and then created this. Serve with refried beans and a salad. Hubby says do it again.
- 2 pork chops, each 1 inch thick, cubed
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1⁄2 cup sherry wine
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup sweet pepper, mix of red and green diced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 2 cups mexican cheese, shredded
- Marinate pork with taco seasoning and sherry for at least one hour. Preheat oven to 350. In oven going skillet saute pork until cooked through. Remove and saute onion and peppers until onions are translucent. Remove from skillet. Spread cooked rice in bottom of skillet and top with meat and veggies. Cover with cheese. Bake 10 to 15 minutes until cheese is melted.