Mexican Rice Skillet
This is an easy and tasty one-dish meal. I usually have all the ingredients on hand. You can also play around with the ingredients you have. Enjoy!
- Ready In:
- 3⁄4 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 2 (4 ounce) cans diced green chilies
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- Brown beef and onions over medium high heat until meat is cooked through and onions are soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add spices.
- Stir in rice, beans, chilies and tomato.
- Stir until heated through about 3-5 minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I coated my 14" skillet with Safflower oil, and did not add chilies. I used 16 ounces of pre-cooked black beans (not from can). As the last step, I could only fit half of the rice into the skillet so perhaps the author used a 16" pan. It was ok as it was, but I would double the tomato if I make it again. To my surprise, I added hot sauce to my served portion and that really enhanced the flavor and somehow was not too spicy. It had a bit of a greasy after-taste, but that may have been the Safflower oil. I took photos and have uploaded them.Reply
see 2 more