Norahs Girl's Note:
The following curry is very simple and has become a family favourite,it does,t use any fancy spices and both my sons can make it from scratch!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 onions, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 inch fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1/3 cup butter
- 2 lbs potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 tablespoon curry powder (I used Hot)
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 lb frozen peas, thawed
- 1 bunch coriander, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1Saute onions,ginger and garlic in melted butter til soft.
- 2Add potatoes.
- 3Sprinkle over curry powder,toss well.
- 4Stir in stock,bring to boil.
- 5Reduce heat,cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- 6Add peas,cook 5 minutes.
- 7Add coriander,wine vinegar and lemon juice.
- 8Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 9Heat through.
- 10I serve this with Basmati rice,sliced banaas tossed in plain yogurt and chutney.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Simple Potato Curry
Serving Size: 1 (425 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 405.7
- Calories from Fat 150
- Total Fat 16.7 g
- Saturated Fat 10.0 g
- Cholesterol 42.4 mg
- Sodium 298.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.0 g
- Sugars 8.0 g
- Protein 10.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar