Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Easy and very good! Please adjust all seasoning to taste. Add in some dried chili flakes for extra heat when frying the onions and garlic if desired. Feel free to add in some frozen peas or other cooked veggies.
- 1 medium onion, chopped small
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh garlic (or to taste)
- 1 stalk celery, chopped finely
- 2 -3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- seasoning salt and pepper (or use white salt)
- 1 teaspoon dried sage (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 1⁄4 cups good quality chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 cups plain breadcrumbs
- In a large skillet saute the onion, garlic (if using) and celery, in butter, until soft.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients, except the bread crumbs; simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the bread crumbs; cover, turn off heat, and allow to sit for 8-10 mins (if the mixture seems dry, then add in a bit more chicken broth).
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese if desired.
This has fabulous flavor and taste kitty. And, what I like best is how quickly it went together. Just as easy and quick as the StoveTop version, and this has much better flavor. Glad I tagged for 123 HitWonders~!!
Yet another winner! Highly flavorable, so much better than the boxed version. I added the garlic as recommended and also used chicken broth with roasted garlic. Thanks Carol!