Chicken With Salsa and Couscous
- Ready In:
- 3 cups hot cooked rice or 3 cups couscous
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup coarsely chopped almonds
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced garlic
- 8 chicken thighs, preferably with skin removed
- 1 cup thick 'n chunky salsa
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 3 -4 tablespoons dried currants (or to taste)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- While couscous or rice is cooking heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add in almonds; cook 1-2 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove almonds from skillet with slotted spoon; set aside.
- Add garlic; cook 30 seconds then add chicken and cook 4-5 minutes or until browned, turning once.
- In a medium bowl, combine the salsa, and all remaining ingredients; mix well.
- Add to chicken; mix well.
- Reduce heat to medium; cover, and cook for 20 minutes, or until fork-tender or until the juices run clear stirring occasionally.
- Stir in almonds.
- Serve chicken with cooked coucous or rice.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!