Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a wonderful, tasty, and super easy recipe to follow. You can omit the apple and it is a simple banana bread recipe also. My family loves it.
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 large bananas (mashed)
- 1⁄2 cup nuts (chopped)
- 1 large apple (peeled, cored, chopped)
- Mix together flour, baking soda, salt, and sugar.
- Blend in eggs, oil, and milk.
- Stir in banana, apple, and nuts.
- Pour batter into greased loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 1 hour or until toothpick test comes out clean.
Very easy recipe, I adjusted the ingredients as follows; 3/4 cup of brown sugar instead of granulated, omit milk, add chopped pecans and 1/2 tsp of pumpkin spice 1/4 tsp allspice and 1/4 tsp of vanilla. Optional 1 tbsp of flax/pumpkin seed granola for the top.<br/>Baked @ 325 for 60min.
This turned out really great. Light and fluffy tasting... not too dense or heavy. Added cinnamon (quite a bit) a bit of vanilla and a hint of nutmeg. Used whole wheat flour because I ran out of all purpose.
Very nice and easy to make.