Prep 0 mins
Cook 35 mins
I came across this recipe, thought this look quite good.
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 8 cups baguette, stale cubed
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 2 cups onions, diced
- 2 cups celery, diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled, chopped
- 3 ounces prosciutto, diced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, diced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1⁄2 cup madeira wine or 1⁄2 cup dry sherry
- 9 ounces spinach
- 1⁄4 cup fresh sage
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash pepper
- Soak bread in chicken broth in a large bowl, set aside.
- Sweat onion and celery in butter in a large skillet over medium heat until soft, about 8 minutes: add to bread mixture.
- Saute shrimp and prosciutto in oil in the same skillet over medium-high heat 3 minutes. Add garlic and cayenne, saute until fragrant then deglaze with Madeira.
- Simmer until liquid is nearly evaporated, then add to bread mixture.
- Cook spinach ,sage, eggs, in same skillet over medium heat until spinach is wilted , 2 minutes then stir into bread mixture with salt and pepper.
- Serve in a nice dish and serve.
- Note I chose to add the egg to the spinach to cook. This recipe said to add the egg at the end with the salt and pepper--your choice.