Recipe by Bergy
Lovely start to any dinner. This recipe was originally published in Canadian Living Magazine
Top Review by Bugeah
Made this for a party last night and I loved it. I used cilantro in place of parsley and left out the jalapeno but everything else was as stated in the recipe. Will make this again.
- 8 ounces shrimp, peeled,boil first them peel or use ready cooked
- 8 ounces bay scallops or 8 ounces sea scallops
- 4 avocados
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, diced
- 1⁄4 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup English cucumber, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lime zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the shrimp& scallops in boiling water for about 3 minutes (do not over cook or they will become tough, you should only cook them until the shrimp turn pink and the scallops are opaque. Drain& chill under cold water. Cube the scallops (Leave bay scallops whole). You may now, if you wish, cover the sea).
- Cut Avocados in half and remove the pit.
- Scoop out the flesh, leaving a thin shell, chop the flesh and place in a large bowl.
- Add shrimp, scallops and remaining ingredients, toss lightly.
- Divide among the 8 avocado shells, mound attractively.