Pork Tenderloin Mango Tango
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup mango juice
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 lbs pork tenderloin
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 ripe mangoes, peeled, pitted & cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon hot pepper, seeded & minced
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- PORK: Whisk juice, syrup & mustard in a glass measure until smooth and set aside.
- Pat tenderloins dry & sprinkle all over with salt & pepper.
- Heat oil in a heavy, oven-proof skillet over medium heat; add tenderloins and cook for 4 to 6 minutes, turning often, until golden brown on all sides.
- Drizzle mango mixture over each tenderloin, dividing evenly and transfer the skillet to the middle rack of a preheated 400F oven for 20 to 25 minutes, basting every 5 minutes, until juices are no longer pink inside.
- Remove tenderloins to a cutting board, cover loosely with foil and let rest for 10 minutes; slice very thinly.
- SALSA: Combine all ingredients in a glass measure; serve with pork.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
In the words of Tracy Byrd, "I'm from the country & I like it that way"!! On May 1, 2008 my husband and I started a new adventure. We'll be living in a 37 foot RV while our new home is under construction. Its out in the country on a dead end dirt road with lots of trees. For the next 4 months or so, most meals will be cooked on the BBQ and life will be full of challenges! We love spending quality time with our friends & family - especially the grandkids!! The photo is 4 generations - my 84 year old mother, myself, my daughter & my youngest granddaughter - taken at the end of 2006. I've participated in many contests & events here on Zaar but this is the first banner that I've posted. My thanks to Dreamgoddess for hosting the contest & SusieD for the banner design! <img src="http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f249/Dreamgoddess555/Narrow1-1.jpg">