A favoured Shrimp dish, looks pretty on a buffet and tastes as good! Can be used as an appy, spread shrimp out on a platter lined with baby greens,drizzle heated sauce from the saute pan over all, instead of serving in a bowl with rice. Or serve for dinner over brown rice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs raw jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup sliced green onion
- 1/4 cup diced green peppers (, choose for colour) or 1/4 cup diced red pepper (, choose for colour)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1/4 cup butter or 1/4 cup margarine, melted
- 1/4 cup sliced pimientos (, I have used sliced black olives - Your choice) or 1/4 cup sliced stuffed green olive (, I have used sliced black olives - Your choice)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- hot, cooked brown rice
- 1Saute the first 6 ingredients in butter until shrimp is done.
- 2Stir in next 2 ingredients, (pimiento and lemon juice) heat thoroughly.
- 3Remove shrimp, keep warm.
- 4Add corn starch, cook over medium heat, stir until mixture starts to boil.
- 5Pour over shrimp.
- 6Serve over hot cooked brown rice.
- 7White rice if you would rather.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shrimp Saute
Serving Size: 1 (205 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 285.1
- Calories from Fat 125
- Total Fat 13.9 g
- Saturated Fat 7.5 g
- Cholesterol 316.5 mg
- Sodium 1972.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 32.4 g