Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
A favoured Shrimp dish, looks pretty on a buffet and tastes as good! Can be used as an appy, spread shrimp out on a platter lined with baby greens,drizzle heated sauce from the saute pan over all, instead of serving in a bowl with rice. Or serve for dinner over brown rice.
- 2 lbs raw jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green onion
- 1⁄4 cup diced green peppers (, choose for colour) or 1⁄4 cup diced red pepper (, choose for colour)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 1⁄4 cup sliced pimientos (, I have used sliced black olives - Your choice) or 1⁄4 cup sliced stuffed green olive (, I have used sliced black olives - Your choice)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- hot, cooked brown rice
- Saute the first 6 ingredients in butter until shrimp is done.
- Stir in next 2 ingredients, (pimiento and lemon juice) heat thoroughly.
- Remove shrimp, keep warm.
- Add corn starch, cook over medium heat, stir until mixture starts to boil.
- Pour over shrimp.
- Serve over hot cooked brown rice.
- White rice if you would rather.
Very tasty low carbohydrate meal. Vegetables compliment the Shrimp perfectly. I added a few dashes of hot sauce.
Loved this recipe. Veggies and shrimp...my favorites!! Added a few drops of hot sauce for a bit of kick!
I made this reeipe a couple of days ago. I followed instructions, but substituted a yellow onion. ( too lazy to run to the market). It was great. It made the top 15 in our house.