Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This was unexpectedly flavorful and quite simple to make for lunch. Feel free to substitute lobster with a nice crusty baguette. I found this recipe at www.seasaltwithfood.com. Recipe is adapted courtesy of The Harry's Bar Cook Book by Arrigo Cipriani.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs baby shrimp (cooked) or 1 1⁄2 lbs large shrimp (cooked)
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise (preferably homemade, I used Best Foods)
- 12 slices white bread (home-style)
- 1⁄2 head romaine lettuce, coarsely shredded
- sea salt
- Worcestershire sauce
- Cool the cooked shrimp and shell and devein.
- If the shrimp are large, cut them in half lengthwise.
- Assemble the sandwiches: Spread mayonnaise generously over one inch of each slice of bread. Mound half the lettuce on half the bread slices, leaving a 1 inch margin of bread. Mound the shrimp on top of the lettuce and season them with some salt and a few drops of Worcestershire sauce. Cover with the remaining lettuce and another slice of bread.
- Press firmly on the edges to seal the sandwiches. Trim the crust if you wish.