Shrimp Salad Sandwich (Paula Deen)
photo by Sandi From CA
- Ready In:
- 1 lb cooked shrimp, peeled and de-veined
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, finely chopped
- 3 celery ribs, minced
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 dash onion salt
- salt and pepper
- 1 dash seasoning salt
- 1 dash celery salt
- 8 slices your choice bread, toasted
- tomatoes, slices
- Cut shrimp up and transfer to a bowl.
- Add eggs, celery, and mayonnaise and mix well.
- Add seasonings, to taste, and stir to combine.
- Spread additional mayonnaise on both sides of bread.
- Heap shrimp salad onto bread and then cut sandwiches in half.
- Serve with lettuce and tomato, if desired.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
see 6 more reviews
This is really good!! The last time I had a shrimp salad sandwich was in Florence, Oregon and this was almost like it except the one in Oregon had sprouts on it as well.(next time I will add those too!!!) I subbed Old Bay Seasoning for the onion salt, kept all else the same, but tasting, left out the regular salt (Paula Deen must really like salt). I chose to serve with a little sweet onion, I think that gave a little oomph since onion is not in the salad. Served on some homemade cinnamon sour cream biscuits that I had made (recipe #255809) and I highly recommend them, it tasted great with this salad!! Thanks for posting this recipe and taking me back to my great trip to the Oregon coast!!!!!!!!!!!!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in upstate New York. I am retired and now have time to enjoy my children, my grandchildren and great grandchildren.