Recipe by Steve P.
I have not tried this one. I'm posting it for fun having found it online after Lennie suggested Strawberries or Shrimp as an ingredient of the month, and this happens to have both :)
Top Review by Clifford Boren
This is good. I was out of red wine vinegar so used champagne vinegar with a small dollop of balsamic for color. Worked just fine. Interesting combination of flavors and textures.
- 1⁄2 lb small shrimp, cooked
- 1⁄2 lb asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil or 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 lb gourmet salad greens
- 1⁄4 cup chopped cashews
- 8 large strawberries, sliced
- 2 green onions, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook asparagus in boiling water until crisp tender.
- Drain and add to a medium bowl with shrimp.
- In a small bowl combine oil, vinegar, mustard, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Add to bowl with shrimp.
- Let marinate, refrigerated, several hours.
- To serve, divide salad greens between 6 plates.
- Spoon shrimp mixture over greens; top with cashews, strawberries and green onions.